To make it easier and simpler to do business with us, we removed the consideration on your share when becoming a member of CUA.
As a result, if you paid for your share when you became a member of CUA (generally before 7 November 2014), you will be eligible to:
- exchange your share for a new CUA Member Share with a 'nil' consideration; and
- request a refund of your member share consideration - the amount you paid on joining
Your new nil consideration member share gives you the same rights and benefits as before. By remaining an active member of CUA you can vote at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and have a say in our governance.
You can choose how you'd like your member share consideration refunded. Options include:
- Donate to our charity partner SIDS and Kids, an organisation dedicated to saving the lives of babies and children during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood, and to supporting bereaved families
- Refund the amount into your CUA transaction account
- Receive a cash refund in branch
To request a refund and exchange your member share, either:
Send a Secure Message in CUA Online Banking:
1. Complete the form 'Application to Exchange Member Share'
2. Save the form
3. Log on to CUA Online Banking, go to 'Messages', 'Compose Message' and select 'Exchange Member Share' as the subject line from the drop-down menu
4. Attach the completed form and send
Call us on 133 282 and we'll organise for you
Pop into your local branch. Either complete the application form and bring it with you or ask us for one in branch.
Your request may take up to 21 working days to process. There will be no change to your existing membership number, and you'll receive confirmation when the new member share has been allotted to you.